Raw mango rice. Raw mango rice is also known as Mangai Sadam or Mamidikaya Pulihora. There is another version of mango rice from Karnataka cuisine known as mavinakayi chitranna. Tempered rice made from raw mangoes are popular in Andhra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu cuisine.
Raw Mango Rice is a classic authentic dish with the perfect. Ingredients for Raw Mango Rice Recipe. This raw mango rice is a south Indian specialty that you can make with sour raw or unripe mangoes. You can cook Raw mango rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Raw mango rice
- You need 1 of raw mango grated.
- Prepare 1/2 of cocount grated.
- It’s 8-9 of peasants.
- It’s 6-7 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of chana dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice cook 30 minutes.
When mangoes are in season, mangai sadam (raw mango rice) is a must in my kitchen. I never miss the chance to make mango rice. It's one of those simple recipes which can be prepared in a jiffy. Raw mango rice recipe with video and stepwise pictures.
Raw mango rice instructions
- First take a non stick pan add oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds curry peanuts,chana dal.mix well cook few minutes..
- Now add grated mango mix well..
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt sugar,grated cocount mix it well..
- Lower flam cook 2 minute.
- Now add in 2 cup cooked rice and salt to taste..mix gently without breaking rice grains…cover and simmer for 5 minutes or till rice….finally, ready mango rice…
Raw mango rice or Maangai sadam is my fav. I love all tangy rice varieties like puliyodharai,lemon rice etc. I love this rice with little sweet taste. Mango rice is just one style of South Indian rice dishes among many different variations. Mango rice has a very unique flavor due to the tartness of the mangoes, the sweetness of the coconut, and the.