Oven Roasted Cabbage. Roasted Cabbage Haiku: "A great recipe, but execution needs work. Should've been covered." Peering at the more recent reviews, I see folks mentioning that they covered their cabbage partially, which I guess I should've done b/c the texture of ours was mooshy in parts, and burnt in others. These roasted cabbage wedges are crispy and flavorful.
Gently flip the wedges, brush with remaining butter mixture, and season with more salt and pepper. Roasted cabbage has been our "go-to" veggie, this winter-we eat it daily. We be LOVIN' our Griddler, too. You can have Oven Roasted Cabbage using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Cabbage
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
We roast all of our veggies, on the Griddle, thus achieving the Maillard Reaction, meaning more flavorful food. Sprinkle hot cabbage with balsamic vinegar if using. [Photograph: Vicky Wasik. Video: Serious Eats Video] When roasting cabbage, you want the same sweet nuttiness from caramelization and browning that you achieve with roasted broccoli. But because cabbage, like cauliflower, is much denser than broccoli, it helps to treat it a little differently, cutting it into fat slices for maximum textural contrast.
Oven Roasted Cabbage instructions
- Wash cabbage and cut into 1/2-inch wedges..
- Mix olive oil, salt, garlic powder, turmeric and chili powder in a small bowl..
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and brush on a light coating of the oil mixture..
- Place cabbage wedges on cookie sheet. Brush olive oil mixture on to coat, but don't soak them in the mixture. You don't want too much spice!.
- Roast at 375 for 10 minutes. The edges of the cabbage should be slightly brown..
- Flip the wedges over and bake for another 15 minutes at 275. Until the wedges are tender..
Place cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan, spreading evenly. Transfer cabbage mixture to a large bowl. Remove the roasting pan from the oven.