Oven-baked Potato Chips. Learn how to make homemade baked potato chips with our easy-to-follow recipe. Baked potato chips are the perfect snack or side. These Baked Potato Chips are baked in the oven until they are crispy and crunchy for a healthier version of traditionally fried chips.
Using a mandoline or very sharp knife, thinly slice the potatoes. Use paper towels to dry off any excess moisture from the potatoes. Cover a large baking sheet with cooking spray. You can have Oven-baked Potato Chips using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven-baked Potato Chips
- You need 3 medium of potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of seasoning salt (or lemon pepper).
Place the potato slices in one layer on the baking sheet. Spray the slices with cooking spray. Place potato slices side by side on hot baking sheets. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Oven-baked Potato Chips step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Thinly slice the potatoes (the thinner the better) and place in a sealable container or bag. Set aside..
- With a fork or whisk, mix together the oil and your desired spice (I prefer seasoning salt or lemon pepper). Note: If using sweet potatoes, spices are optional..
- Pour over the potatoes, stirring continually to prevent the spices from settling in the oil..
- Seal your container/bag of choice and shake until potatoes are thoroughly coated..
- Dump onto baking sheets. Aim for minimal overlap of chips. 2 large baking sheets needed. (Note: Line the baking sheets with parchment paper to aid in clean-up afterwards.).
- Place as close to the bottom element as possible (lower rack) and back at 400°F for 10-13 minutes..
- Remove and flip then return to the oven for another 10-13 minutes until lightly browned and crispy..
- Alternatively set oven to broil and place as close to the top element as possible (instead of flipping the chips). Monitor closely until lightly browned and crispy (about 5 minutes. Will depend on thickness of potatoes)..
- Remove from tray and serve with desired salads and meat. (Great to spruce up a hot dog or hamburger lunch)..
Remove and cool on paper towels. Eat warm or store in airtight. Cut the potatoes into wedges or chips. Mix olive oil, salt, paprika and chilli powder together. Coat potatoes with oil mixture and spread out on a baking sheet or dish.