Cantonese Steamed Fish.
You can have Cantonese Steamed Fish using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cantonese Steamed Fish
- Prepare 1 of white meat fish, more or less 400 gr (I used trout fish).
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 inches of ginger, thinly sliced into toothpicks size.
- It’s 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of seafood soy sauce (I used Lee Kim Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood).
- You need 2 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt (if you like it a bit salty – I didn’t use any).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need slices of red chili peppers for garnish.
Cantonese Steamed Fish instructions
- Wash and pat dry the fish with paper towel. Place the fish on top of a heat resistant plate..
- Arrange garlic on top of the fish. Add soy sauce, water, salt (if you use some), and white pepper powder..
- Heat water in a pot until boiling. Place the fish in the pot and cover it with the lid. Steam fish for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Place green onions, ginger, and red chili peppers on top of the fish..
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan until it’s very hot. Pour the oil on top of the fish..
- Serve immediately over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋.