You can have Stewed Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed Beef
- You need 1-2 pounds of stewing beef.
- It’s 2 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of med green pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- Prepare 4 cup of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s of Optional (to make thicker).
- It’s 4-6 of red skin potatoes, cut.
- Prepare 1/4 c of cold water.
- It’s 3 tbs of corn starch.
Stewed Beef instructions
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..