Apple Cider Turkey. Tell mama no more dried out Turkey for your holiday dinner anymore. Watch step by step how to make an Apple Cider brine and then slow roast a Turkey on the grill. And, it's real easy to do with.
Apple cider glazed turkey breast is so full of flavor and it makes for great leftovers too. Place turkey on a roasting rack over a large roasting pan. In a saucepan, combine apple cider, salt, and sugar. You can cook Apple Cider Turkey using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Cider Turkey
- It’s 13-14 lb of Turkey (Washed).
- Prepare 4 of Oranges.
- It’s of Apple Cider.
- Prepare 1 cup of cosher salt.
- It’s of I cup brown sugar.
- You need of Garlic 8-10 cloves(crushed).
- Prepare of Ginger 8-10 (slices).
- Prepare 4 of Oranges quartered.
- You need of Clean Bucket/cooler (to hold turkey).
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbls of red pepper flakes.
- You need Sprigs of sage, rosemary, thyme (2 each).
- You need Bag of ice.
Into the turkey cavity put fresh rosemary, thyme and sage. Drop the turkey inside the bucket with brine. Season the turkey cavity with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and stuff with the apple, thyme, and sage. Tie the legs together with twine and tuck the wings underneath the body.
Apple Cider Turkey instructions
- Warm apple cider and dissolve salt and brown sugar add to bucket with water(just enough to cover turkey).
- Add cider mixture to bucket with apple cider vinegar, add garlic, ginger, pepper flakes. Place rosemary,thyme, sage..
- Add Turkey and bag of ice. Marinate overnight in cool area. (Chilled outside or in fridge with ice).
- Place in roasting pan, pat dry, remove sage,thyme,rosemary.
- Brush extra virgin olive oil on both sides..
- Cook breast upsidedown add 1 bottle reds alcohol in water [email protected] to 325° for 1hr20min.
- Flip bird right side up baste and cook @300-325 for 1hr/1hr 10min.
- Brush on butter baste and cook till 160° (internal)remove from grill wrap in foil and rest for 10-15 min.
Brining a turkey with this apple cider sage turkey brine in these situations would result in an incredibly salty turkey, which is not ideal. If your turkey is NOT labeled kosher, but is frozen, you can add it to the brine while it is still partially frozen, as long as it will thaw the rest of the way within the proper bringing time so as not to. Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe – turn plain-jane dishes into something really special. It's easy to make, savory sweet, and just right for Thanksgiving. You've got your roasted turkey and ham resting on the counter top.