Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets. Great recipe for Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets. This fish dish Poaches thick fresh cod fillets in a asian flavored butter broth. The fish cooks gently in the broth to produce incredibly moist flavorful fish.
This is my new favorite way to make fish. I love how it captures all the spices and tastes that I use. Poaching cod is one of the best ways to show off the flaky flesh of this much-loved fish; the gentle cooking technique helps to keep the flesh moist and succulent while also retaining as many of the fish's nutrients as possible. You can cook Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets
- You need of For Fish.
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of fresh cod, cut into 4 serving pieces.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chili infused olive pil.
- Prepare as needed of Sriracha seasoning salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sriracha chili sauce.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of shallot, minced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 8 of mushrooms, halved if large.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For Vegetables.
- Prepare 2 of red hot chilis, thin sliced.
- It’s 8 of baby bok choy.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- You need as needed of chopped fresh parsley,.
- Prepare as needed of sliced green onions,.
The method below calls for the cod to be poached in milk, but you could easily use any other liquid (fish stock or coconut milk are fantastic alternatives). Cut cod fillets into four serving size pieces and place in large pan in one layer.. While the fish is poaching, start the sauce by melting one tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and briefly cooking the garlic and the shallots in the butter. Pour white wine into a large sauté pan with high sides and place over medium-low heat.
Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets instructions
- In a skillet neat the butter for the vegetables.
- Add the bok choy, season with some of the asian seasoning. Sear on both sides just until crisp tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, shallot, garlic and hot peppers., season with remaining asian seasoning, cover and soften.
- Uncover and add the broth, cream rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and sriracha and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce to bowl and set aside.
- Pat fish dry, season with sriracha seasoning and pepper.
- Heat chili olive oil I skillet jarge enough to hold fish in one layer. Sear fish just a minute on each side ubtil golden.
- Remove to plate as soon as each piece is done. Add reserved broth to skillet fish was seared in, whisk in butter in pieces.
- Add fish back in cover and cook at a very low simmer about 10 minutes, just until fish is just cooked through, add reserved bok choy..
- Garnish with parsley and green onions.
- Serve in shallow bowls ether over angel hair pasta, rice or with crusty bread for dipping.
Add the butter, garlic, and thyme, then swirl the pan around and allow the butter to slowly melt. Butter Poached Fish with Seasonal Salad Consider this a master recipe. You can play with it a lot by changing the fat — butter, olive oil, sesame oil, lard, duck fat, whatever — or the salad underneath the fish, and, obviously, by altering the fish you use. A whole poached fish fillet will make a beautiful and healthy addition to your holiday table—and for Rosh Hashanah, it's a wonderfully symbolic way to celebrate the holiday. A simple and quick recipe for Buttered Cod in Skillet.