Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). Our Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini is a great way to use the abundant amounts of zucchini that everyone seems to be growing in their gardens this summer! Fresh zucchini are cut and stuffed with a super flavorful mixture of Parmesan and Romano cheeses, Panko bread crumbs, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and sautéed onion and then baked until tender. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly
Check the step-by-step photos above in the blog post. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free Stuffed with a Mexican-style black bean filling and topped with a vegan cheese sauce, these fork-tender stuffed zucchini make a filling vegan dinner. Place stuffed zucchini in baking pan; cover with foil. You can have Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- You need 2 of mozzarella slices.
- You need 1/4 of texturized soy (dry).
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of green onion.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
Here's all you need: Zucchini, of course! This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is cheaply available and it's too hot to turn on the oven! Stuffed veggies are always a great vegetarian or vegan main course idea. Drain well and set aside The inspiration for these Moroccan Stuffed Zucchini Boats came from a recipe I shared a couple months back for a Moroccan chicken stew.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) step by step
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
That recipe has been getting quite a few positive reviews on Instagram lately – I figured it was time for a little recipe revamp. Saute onion, greeen pepper, and garlic in butter. Add spinach; stir to combine and coat well. Cool, then add mushrooms, eggs, bread crumbs, and seasonings to taste; add wine. Preparing baked stuffed zucchini boats for dinner is the best way to use up this amazing vegetable!