Happy Greek Orthodox Easter (Kalo Pascha).
You can have Happy Greek Orthodox Easter (Kalo Pascha) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Happy Greek Orthodox Easter (Kalo Pascha)
- It’s of Farm fresh dark brown eggs, washed.
- Prepare of Two-1 ounce bottles red food dye (I use McCormick).
- You need 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Water (enough to cover eggs).
- You need of Large stainless steel skillet with lid.
- It’s spoon of Large stainless steel slotted.
- It’s glass of Drinking.
- It’s of Tupperware (big enough to hold eggs).
Happy Greek Orthodox Easter (Kalo Pascha) instructions
- Take skillet and add enough water to a rolling boil on the stove.
- After it comes to a boil add each egg with a slotted spoon gently so as not to break Make sure all the eggs are covered.
- Bring water back to a boil and for a couple of minutes (just wait for bubbles).
- Then cut the heat off and place the lid on the skillet for 15 minutes.
- Drain the HOT water and place tap water over the eggs to cool then set aside.
- Take drinking glass and mix 2 tsp of vinegar and one ounce bottle of red dye with some water and mix thoroughly.
- Place eggs in the Tupperware using slotted spoon and leave the water in the skillet.
- Add the glass mixture to the water in the skillet and add the other bottle of red dye….mix thoroughly and pour over eggs in Tupperware. Snap the lid securely and place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning take each egg out separately using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels!! I guarantee you will have blood red eggs for Pascha!! ❤❤.