Dindigul Thalappakatti Mutton Biryani.
You can cook Dindigul Thalappakatti Mutton Biryani using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dindigul Thalappakatti Mutton Biryani
- You need 1.1/2 cup of short grained rice (preferably seeraga samba variety), soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- You need 700-800 gms of mutton with bones.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chilies slit.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 of large tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Biryani masala.
- You need 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pepper powder or to taste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- Prepare handful of coriander & mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 4-5 of cardamoms.
- Prepare 7-8 of cloves.
- It’s 1 piece of stone flower (dagad phool).
- It’s 1 of mace.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
Dindigul Thalappakatti Mutton Biryani step by step
- Pressure cook the mutton in 2 &1/2 cups water for 15-20 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Separate the mutton from the stock and keep aside..
- Grind all the spices for the garam masala powder and keep aside..
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and temper with bay leaves and cinnamon. Add the onion and green chilies. Fry till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone. Now add the tomatoes and continue to saute till it is mashed..
- Add the garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder. Combine everything well and saute for a minute..
- Add the yoghurt and mix well. Fry till the oil separates. Then add the strained mutton pieces and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add the drained rice and saute for 2 minutes more. Add 2 cups of the stock, coriander-mint leaves and salt..
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Once it cools down, open the lid and then fluff it up with a fork. Serve with raita, sliced onion, lime and salad..