Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani.
You can cook Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
- Prepare 500 gms of Mutton pieces (on bones).
- Prepare 400 gms of Basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of green chillies, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter).
- It’s 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 3/4 cup of mint leaves, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of shahjeera.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of lime juice.
- You need 3/4 cup of fried onions.
- You need pinch of saffron soaked in 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1" of stick cinnamon.
- It’s 3-4 of cardamoms.
- It’s 5-6 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of blade of mace.
Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani instructions
- Marinate the mutton with ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, yoghurt, ghee, garam masala powder, bay leaves, 1/2 cup mint leaves. 1/2 cup coriander leaves, salt, shahjeera, lime juice and 1/2 cup fried onions for 30 minutes..
- Boil water in a pan along with the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, star anise and mace. Add the soaked and drained Basmati rice and cook for only 50 percent. Drain and keep aside..
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or pressure cooker. Layer it first with the marinated mutton. Top it with the drained rice, followed with the remaining mint, coriander leaves, fried onions and the saffron milk..
- Cover with an aluminum foil and cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Then place the cooker on a Tawa (griddle) and cook on a low flame for 30 minutes. Let it remain covered for 15-20 minutes. Voila, your Mutton Biryani is ready to be served with Raita of your choice..