Matka Murgh Dum Biryani. A delicious biryani perfect to prepare for a dinner party and savoured with all your heart!. This Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. How to make Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani.
Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. Dum biryani, a classic dish of the Mughal Nizams is an eye-catching aromatic rice loved by all. We all love biryani, but when it comes to preparing them most of us, step back because of the tedious process. You can cook Matka Murgh Dum Biryani using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matka Murgh Dum Biryani
- You need 700 gms of chicken, cut into medium size.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- You need 2 cups of thick buttermilk.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare handful of coriander & mint leaves, chopped (save some for later use).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of ghee.
- You need 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 5-6 of cloves.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- You need 1 of small piece pathar ke phool.
- It’s pinch of saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp water.
- It’s 1 half of hard boiled egg, cut into.
- You need few of chopped cashews to garnish.
- You need of mint leaf to garnish.
Chicken Pot Biryani Recipe with step by step instructions. Biryani is my favorite recipe. in fact, it's everyone's favorite. I heard many times about Chicken Pot biryani and even I saw the pots over the counters in some Restaurants in. Kolkata Chicken Biryani or Bengali style Chicken Dum Biryani is an epitome of indulgence in delicate delicious food.
Matka Murgh Dum Biryani instructions
- Marinate the chicken with all the above mentioned ingredients, starting from fried onions to coriander-cumin powder for 2-3 hours..
- Bring sufficient quantity of water along with (1 tbsp. salt, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves, mace, star anise & pathar ke phool) to a boil..
- Add the drained rice and cook for 3-4 minutes till half done. Drain & keep aside..
- Transfer the marinated chicken into the greased pot. (Save some marination for later use)..
- Then spread a layer of the rice, followed by the fried onions, coriander-mint leaves,.
- Boiled eggs, saffron & leftover marinade..
- Close the matka (clay pot) with an aluminium foil and place the lid over it. Cook on a high flame for 10 minutes. Then simmer on a low flame for 8-10 minutes..
- After it is done..
- Then transfer the contents to a serving dish and garnish with chopped cashews and mint leaf. Serve them with raita..
Potato Dum Biryani Recipe with step by step photos – Layered and dum cooked biryani made from baby potatoes. hence the name dum aloo Hence the name dum aloo biryani or aloo dum biryani. Sharing a biryani recipe which is a family recipe and loved at home. The process of 'Dum Pukht' cooking is sealed and slow container cooking. Chicken Dum Biryani is a slow cooking process and this process is very essential to bring the perfect flavors out of the dum biryani. It is a Dum method and it is called so as the chicken marinade and the rice is placed inside the cooking pot and is tightly sealed with a.