Kousa Mahshi. Kousa mahshi may be cooked in an ordinary saucepan. Cover the saucepan and simmer for an hour, or until squash is tender. Kousa Mahshi is Iraqi's most favorite dish from all over the country.
I've made a few different vegetarian versions of kousa mahshi for Nightbooks, and although they were tasty, I'd. Kousa Mahshi. from NothinReally by Raay ᴪ Francy. Cored zucchini are stuﬀed with a fragrant mixture of meat and rice, and then slowly simmered on the stove for a delicious and hearty dinner. You can have Kousa Mahshi using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kousa Mahshi
- Prepare 5 of baby marrows, washed and dried.
- You need 100 gm of mutton mince, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 of fresh red chilies, chopped.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of coriander leaves to garnish.
Is there anything more appetizing than Kousa Mahshi (Stuffed Zucchini)? Kousa is courgette in Arabic and these delicious Middle Eastern courgettes are stuffed with a. Art Department. + Add or change photo on IMDbPro ». Add a bio, trivia, and more.
Kousa Mahshi step by step
- In a bowl, mix together rice, mince, salt, onion, pepper powder, garam masala powder, fresh chilies, coriander leaves and olive oil. Keep aside..
- Boil the tomatoes along with 3 cups water, red chilli powder and salt for 2 whistles. When cool, blend it and strain. Keep aside..
- Half the baby marrows and score them with the help of a knife or an apple corer to make them hollow..
- Fill the marrows with the prepared rice-mince mix. Now pour the prepared tomato sauce in a pressure cooker and gently place the stuffed marrow on it..
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 whistles. Let stand for 10 minutes before opening..
- Carefully, transfer the cooked marrows to another dish and simmer the tomato sauce till it reduces to half of it's quantity..
- While serving, pour the liquid on a serving dish and place the cooked marrows over it. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with pita bread..
Update information for Mousa Mahshi ». Medel Ris- och tomatfylld zucchini "Kousa Mahshi" Kousa Mahshi This dish can easily be made completely paleo by replacing the rice with one cup of pinenuts. This is a wonderful fall dish as the chill begins to creep into the. (Redirected from Kousa Mahshi). Stuffed squash, marrow, mahshi or zucchini (Arabic: كوسا محشي) is a dish of the region of the former Ottoman Empire from the Balkans to the Levant and Egypt, a kind of dolma. Kousa mahshi – zucchini stuffed with rice and meat.s made in, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, and Cyprus.