Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs. Season your ribs with Dale's marinade, your favorite rib rub, grill seasoning, or simply salt and pepper. Place ribs, meat side down, in baking dishes. Cover the baking dishes with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Low and slow cooking make these oven baked ribs fall off the bone tender. Once baked, we like to add our sweet and spicy barbecue sauce to the ribs, but use whatever you love. For the most tender ribs, we remove the thin membrane covering the back of the rack. You can have Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs
- Prepare 1 of Pork Spare Rib Rack.
- Prepare of Dry Rub.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cinnamon.
Cut oven baked glazed spareribs into serving size pieces. To make a sauce for the ribs, strain the cooking juices and skim off the fat, then reduce them until they coat the back of a spoon. Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper, then serve with the ribs. Slow-cooked ribs can be finished on the barbecue for extra flavor and darker browning.
Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs step by step
- First mix together dry rub ingredients.
- Massage rub all over the rack of ribs cover and let it sit over night if possible.
- Cut the rack in half to fit into skillet.
- Heat over to 250° F.
- Place the skillet with ribs in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Flip rack and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Voilà (wallha) your done & they are amazing!.
If your ribs have a thin membrane over the bones on the backside, remove by carefully sliding a knife under membrane and then peel. How to Cook Country Style Pork Ribs in the Oven. For fall-apart meat, country-style ribs really need to cook long and slow. Otherwise you're going to get chewy pork. The good news is that the cooking time is almost entirely hands-off.