SPAM Breakfast Skillet. In a small bowl, combine the egg product, basil, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce, mixing together well. Pour over the mixture in the skillet, then cover the skillet. Stir in SPAM® Classic, red and green and bell peppers and cook until heated through and browned.
Spam and any processed meats (hot dogs, breakfast sausages, Portuguese sausages, etc.) are always great when diced up and browned on a skillet. My fried rice recipe is adapted from a recipe by Chef Martin Yan , that jovial, Chinese chef you see on the TV. Have been eating spam and eggs for years. You can have SPAM Breakfast Skillet using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SPAM Breakfast Skillet
- You need 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 can of Spam, cubed.
- Prepare of Potatoes, diced.
- You need of Onions, sliced.
- You need of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need of Whatever else you need to clean out of your refrigerator.
- You need of Gravy:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crisco.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
People from Alaska and Hawaii eat the most spam than anywhere else in America (ak. here). I toss in half a sliced green onion or some mushrooms for a change of taste. And instead of stirring in the eggs just make yourself a Spam omlet. Great recipe for SPAM Breakfast Skillet.
SPAM Breakfast Skillet instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat..
- Add sliced onions and allow to soften. When you're ready add potatoes, cubed SPAM, and whatever else you want. I added some leftover cornmeal pudding..
- Season as you like, I recommend Old Bay Seasoning..
- Let everything sit for 5 minutes and fry on medium heat. When everything has started to brown you want to flip everything to the other side, do NOT stir or it turns into a mushed up mess..
- Continue cooking until you have everything brown and crispy..
- Decide if you want to melt cheese on top and now is the time to add it. I opted for a pan gravy instead. Melt crisco in the same pan you cooked your meal and scrape with a whisk to pick up all those bits of crispy yumminess. Sprinkle the flour on the melted grease, allow to cook for a minute, pour in milk. Add salt and pepper to taste, whisk until thickened and remove from heat..
- Serve how you like it. I put a helping of gravy on top. Other ideas are: cheese, salsa, hot sauce, sunny side up eggs. All of the above…. Enjoy!.
This one pan meal can feed a crowd or allow you to over indulge while binge watching your favorite shows. I love using skillet style meals to clean out my fridge. Add what you have available and the flavors you love to make it your own. If you need breakfast ideas this one pan breakfast skillet recipe is ridiculously easy – just sayin'. Today I'm sharing my Hawaiian SPAM Skillet Dinner, a super easy, weeknight meal that combines SPAM, Pineapple and Mango with a savory seasoning, cooked right in a skillet.