Paleo Cauliflower Chowder. Add in the chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and coconut milk, and stir together. I love how versatile it is and I think it's pretty cute too, as far as veggies go. So there's no surprise that I love Paleo dishes that use cauliflower, like this recipe for slow-cooked cauliflower chicken chowder.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. That's when I remembered my Creamy Leek Soup that has a cauliflower base. It's flavorful, creamy, and dead simple to make. You can have Paleo Cauliflower Chowder using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Cauliflower Chowder
- It’s 4 slice of bacon, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of celery, stalk, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
I ended up adapting that soup – without leeks – to create the Paleo Clam Chowder base, and it's a winner. The flavor-fest continues with a traditional mirepoix of celery, onion, and carrot. Place the cauliflower florets onto a lined baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. You will be amazed at how hearty flavorful and satisfying this chowder is, and it is super easy to pull together.
Paleo Cauliflower Chowder instructions
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside..
- Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes..
- Whisk in coconut flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes..
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- If the chowder is too thick, add more coconut milk as needed until desired consistency is reached..
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley, if desired..
- Adapted from DamnDelicious.net.
Cauliflower Clam Chowder This clam chowder is meant to serve as a worthy replacement to New England clam chowder, and it certainly does! With bacon, celery, onion, cauliflower, carrots, clams, and clam juice, it's rich in flavor with both vegetables and clams, along with a thick broth and your choice of dairy-free milk. Keto Seafood Chowder At first glance, you may ponder the flavor combination of seafood and coconut milk, as it may sound strange to your unaccustomed ears, but trust in kitchen-tested Paleo chowder recipes – your tongue will instantly recognize what tastes exceptionally great. Creamy Cauliflower Bacon Chowder Recipe Recipe by: Courtney Hamilton Packed with warm, cozy flavors like turmeric, rosemary and garlic, and endlessly creamy thanks to puréed cauliflower and coconut milk, this soup will comfort you any time of day. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.