Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls). Fill a large bowl with warm water. Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls are packed with bright, fresh flavours and served with an insanely addictive Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce that takes a minute to make. With a couple of cheeky tricks, step by step photos and an easy to follow video, you'll be rolling perfect rice paper rolls like a pro in no time!
Working with Rice Paper Wrappers for Fresh Spring Rolls-Spring roll rice paper wrappers are available in various sizes and thickness. Sizes range tremendously, so spring rolls can be small bite sized rolls to larger, longer rolls. I'm Vietnamese, I think this's just a other type of spring roll, the traditional one is rolled with dried rice paper, minced meat, egg and some vegetable like carrot, mushrooms, fungus and the indispensable component is something we called "mien", "mien" seems like a type of dried rice noodle, it's very easy to find it in Vietnam. You can have Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls)
- You need of Rice paper (the large one) you can find it at any Asian store, but I seen it at Smith’s super store too.
- You need of Shrimps.
- It’s of Tofu (silk tofu) cut in long wedge.
- It’s of Cucumber cut into long tiny wedge.
- Prepare of Lettuces (tiny slices).
- It’s of Chopped cilantro.
- It’s of For dipping sauce:.
- You need 1 of dates (you can substitute with sugar).
- You need 2 tbsp of hot water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce (fish sauce).
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice (less or more).
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (optional).
- It’s of Chili flake (optional).
- Prepare Pinch of mushrooms powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (less or more).
- It’s of Chopped tiny cilantro.
- It’s of Equipments to soften the rice paper:.
- You need of bowl Super large.
- It’s of Warm water.
Plus TWO secret tips to make it super easy to roll them up neatly! Keeping rice paper spring rolls moist. I've made some fresh spring rolls by filling rice paper sheets with vegetables, cheese and peanuts, without any cooking. I've kept the uneaten ones in the fridge for a night in a sealed box.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) instructions
- Cook the shrimps (I just boiled it) you can either grilled or sautéed.
- Heat up the non-stick skillet then unfried the tofu. You can fried it with oil if you wish..
- After all the ingredients ready add the warm water into a bowl..
- Dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds and lay on rolling surface such as a plate or cutting board. Do not over soak because it will become soft and tear easily..
- I like to lay the tofu or shrimp first, then cucumbar, lettuce, and cilantro, or either way as you like..
- Then rolling the spring roll the same as you rolling the lumpia. Repeat with the same way for the rest of the ingredients. Set aside..
- Now working on the dipping sauce: First in a small bowl add dates and 2 tbsp of water. Microwave for 20 seconds. Smash it until it soft, you can add more 1-2 tbsp of water mixed well. And using another bowl and strain it..
- Add all the rest of dipping sauce ingredients into the dates mixture mixed well, and taste it..
- Lastly arrange the fresh spring rolls on a plate along with dipping sauce..
- Enjoy your healthy meal of the day!.
- ❤️Happy Cooking❤️.
Make your own fresh spring rolls at home! Easy, healthy, and you can eat as many as you want! These are made with my homemade Vietnamese ham, tofu, and shrimp. Anne Le, co-owner of Tamarine restaurant in Palo Alto, California (and former co-owner of Bong Su in San Francisco), warns against over- or understuffing Vietnamese spring rolls. A homemade spring rolls with peanut hoisin sauce and garlic lime fish sauce flavor.