Larry's Southern fried pickles. " Southern-style fried pickles seasoned to perfection! Paired with a sweet and tangy dipping sauce". These fried pickles have just that!
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Prepare the Fried Pickles: Combine buttermilk and pepper in a shallow dish; add pickles, and stir to. The consummate southern starter, the fried pickle begins as a slice is dipped in a seasoned buttermilk mixture, dredged in a tasty coating and deep fried in oil until perfectly golden brown. You can cook Larry's Southern fried pickles using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Larry's Southern fried pickles
- You need jar of your favorite sliced pickles (Good pickles is the key).
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of cornmeal.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of ranch dressing or blue cheese.
They are traditionally served with a horseradish or spicy ranch sauce. These fried pickles are great and so Southern! Fried pickles make a wonderful appetizer or snack for when you have friends over or just anytime. These fried pickles are great with ranch dressing or my homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.
Larry's Southern fried pickles instructions
- To prepare your pickles, pat them dry first, then dip them in the flour salt and pepper mixture. You will then dip them in the egg, and finally the cornmeal. At this point, you are ready to fry!.
- Fry in hot oil of choice, single layer till golden brown..
- Remove and place on paper towel to get rid of excess oil..
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing..
Add about a handful of pickles to flour mixture. Swirl pickles around and make sure they are well coated. Shake off excess flour and drop pickles in hot oil one at a time. Cornmeal, eggs, all-purpose flour, milk, worcestershire sauce, red hot pepper sauce, salt, black pepper, salt-free seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, pickles, dill, vegetable oil, salt and black pepper. Southern Fried Pickles has quickly become one of my favorite appetizers!