Oven Stew. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper.
This one's cooked in the oven. That may seem a bit unusual since most of us have been making stew for years on the stove. Most stew recipes begin and end on the stovetop, but a simple change of cooking location can make a better stew. You can cook Oven Stew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Stew
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of round steak (cut in 1 inch pieces).
- It’s 2 cup of potatoes (cut in big chunks).
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots (big pieces).
- Prepare 1 cup of celery (big pieces).
- You need 1 cup of onions (big pieces).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato soup (10 ounces).
- You need 2 can of water (use empty soup can).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
Instead of letting a stew cook away on the stovetop for hours, try this: When your stew is ready for its slow simmer, cover it, then move it to the oven for a long, slow cook. Beef Stew cooked over the campfire is a warming and cozy way to end the evening. Start this stew before you set up camp, so it has a chance to simmer and be ready in time for dinner. We've used basic vegetables in this recipe: potatoes, carrots, and onions.
Oven Stew instructions
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Assemble meat and vegetables in a deep 9×13 casserole dish or a cast iron dutch oven in the order given and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Combine soup, water, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk until smooth..
- Pour soup mixture over layered meat and vegetables. Cook covered at 250° for 5 hours.
Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. This Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew recipe is a deliciously easy classic beef stew recipe that slow cooks to perfection on the stove top and in the oven. It's comfort food at its finest and it's incredibly flavourful – perfect for a cold day! This is a simple beef stew where the meat is browned on the stove and finished in the oven.