Chana Dal Paratha. Chana dal paratha recipe with step by step photos – one more popular paratha made in Punjabi I have already shared one Chana dal methi paratha where the dough is kneaded with leftover chana. This Chana Dal Paratha has a unique texture and rich flavour, which is a class apart from the rest. Chana Dal Paratha Recipe, Channa Daal Paratha Recipe, Bikaner Parata Recepie video in Hindi "Indian Recipe" Indian Cooking.
You can serve it with some plain yogurt and pickle. This is a protein rich paratha and. You can use various dals and vegetables to enhance the taste of the parantha and get something different everytime you eat it. You can cook Chana Dal Paratha using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Paratha
- Prepare 1 cup of atta (whole wheat flour).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oil.
- You need of Stuffing–.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chana dal (Bengal gram lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of roasted panch phoron powder (opt).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves).
- Prepare of oil to shallow fry.
Lets make Channa Dal Paratha today. Chana Dal Paratha is a delicious Rajasthani Paratha recipe made with combination of flours, bengal gram and spices. It is the most flavorful and tasty paratha which is great to serve with raita or chutney. Chana dal recipe – Delicious, spicy and healthy chana dal that goes well with rice or roti.
Chana Dal Paratha instructions
- Pressure cook the dal in 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 whistles. When cool, grind to a smooth paste by adding very little water. Keep aside. Knead a dough along with atta, salt, oil and required quantity of water. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and temper with cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the asafoetida, green chilies and ginger and saute for a few seconds..
- Now add the ground chana dal paste, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and the kasuri methi. Mix well and saute till all the moisture evaporates. Set aside to cool..
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out each portion into a shape of a poori. Add 2-3 tbsp. of the stuffing in the centre and seal all the edges..
- Roll out gently with a sprinkle of some flour into a slightly bigger circle. Make similar stuffed parathas with the rest of the dough and the stuffing..
- Heat a tawa / griddle and shallow fry the parathas one at a time by drizzling a tsp. of oil. Fry till light golden brown on both sides..
- Fry the rest of the parathas in the same way. Serve hot along with some side dish and salad..
Bengal gram or split skinned chickpeas are known as chana dal in Indian language. One of the famous desi paratha recipes is chana dal paratha recipe which is not only easy to make but also comes as a wonderful option for evening teatime. Also you can enjoy it in lunch with chatni and. Every thing about CHANA DAL PARATHA Vahrehvah : Chana Dal Paratha is stuffed delicious Indian flat bread that is nutritious and a wholesome meal generally served with raita or plain yoghurt.