Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice. Fenugreek leaves are also called Methi leaves or Methi ke Patte in Hindi. Fenugreek leaves have a variety of nutrients that are important for health like Vitamin K. Fenugreek leaves has faint bitter taste.
Healthy and Tasty One Pot Methi Pulao made with fenugreek leaves, rice, mix vegetables You can also replace fenugreek leaves with other greens like spinach or amaranth leaves. The methi rice can also be made. There are many health benefits with fenugreek leaves like it reduces bad cholesterol. You can cook Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of onion fined chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli slit.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger – garlic paste.
- It’s 1 cup of methi leaves / fenugreek leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice soaked 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peas.
- It’s 2 of tomato fined chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Prevent and control diabetes by regulating the absorption of sugar by. Fenugreek seeds can be used as told above. But, you can also search for Kasoori methi which is a dried form of the leaves. It is used in many recipes to give the flavor but the taste can vary slightly.
Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice step by step
- Basmati rice soaked 30 minutes in water..
- In a kadai add ghee and also spices and saute till they turn aromatic..
- After that add in onions and saute well..
- Now add chilli and ginger – garlic paste amid tomato saute well after that saute methi leaves till they shrink in size. Then add turmeric and chilli powder..
- Add in 1 cup basmati rice, saute for a minute without breaking rice grains. now add peas, water and salt to taste..
- Stir well and cover and cook till rice gets cooked well completely..
- Finally, serve methi pulao with raita of your choice..
Fenugreek (methi) leaf contains many powerful nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. You have to mix sautéed fresh fenugreek leaves with seasonings, spice powders, and cooked rice. You then get a nicely flavored, aromatic, and spicy fenugreek rice. Methi leaves or Fenugreek leaves are an essential ingredient in Persian as well as Indian and Pakistani cooking. Fenugreek leaves or Methi leaves are one of the most widely used green leafy vegetables.