Tomato Pachadi (Tomato pickle).
You can have Tomato Pachadi (Tomato pickle) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Pachadi (Tomato pickle)
- You need of For preparation :.
- Prepare 4 of Medium sized tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsps of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1.5 tbsps of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fenugreek seed powder.
- It’s 4 tbsps of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of For Garnishing :.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Red chilli.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Hing.
- It’s 4 tbsps of Sesame seed oil (optional)/ vegetable oil.
Tomato Pachadi (Tomato pickle) instructions
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds till they turn golden brown. Make a fine powder of the seeds and keep it aside..
- Heat a pan. Add 4 tbsps of vegetable oil. Allow the oil to heat. Cut 4 medium sized tomatoes to small chunks. Add these tomatoes to the pan..
- Do not cover the pan with lid as the tomatoes needs to be fried. Mix the tomatoes once in a while. Please don't smash tomatoes in this process..
- Once the oil oozes out from tomatoes, turn off the stove and keep it aside for cooling..
- Once the fried tomatoes are moderately cool, add fenugreek seed powder, salt and chill powder as per the measurements in ingredients section..
- Now take a small pan and heat it. Add 4 tbsps of sesame seed oil/ vegetable oil and allow it to heat. Then, add mustard seeds, red chillies and Hing..
- Once the Garnishing ingredients are fried, add it to the fried tomato we already prepared. Mix it well and the pickle (pachadi) is ready to eat..
- This pickle will remain fresh for 2 days in the room temperature and 4-5 days in the fridge..
- Enjoy the pickle with hot rice and ghee..