Oven Fish ' n ' Chips. In a third dish, combine cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture and roll in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
This version is healthier because it isn't baked, but it certainly isn't lacking on flavor! Classic fish and chips are a British institution and a national dish that everyone can't help but love. Fish and Chip Babies – Free Knitting Pattern. You can have Oven Fish ' n ' Chips using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Fish ' n ' Chips
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes – peeled (1 pound).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 of eggs- beaten.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of crushed cornflakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare tsp of 1/8 cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen haddock fillets- thawed.
- Prepare 1 of tartar sause ( optional ).
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
Lightly dredge fish strips in cornstarch. Working in small batches, dip the fish into batter and immerse into hot oil. When the batter is set, turn the pieces of fish over and cook until golden. Season with salt and black pepper.
Oven Fish ' n ' Chips instructions
- Preheat oven to 425° ..
- In a large bowl, combine oil – pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" strips.Add oil mixture , toss to coat. Place on 15"x10"x1" baking pan.Bake 15 minutes before you put in your fish.Spray your pan first. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown..
- Meanwhile, combine flour – pepper in a shallow dish. In a second dish. Beat eggs and water. In a third dish combine cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture – roll in crumb mixture..
- Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with spray. ( I used non-stick foil) ..
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish starts to flake..
Serve the fish and chips with tartar sauce and/or malt vinegar, if. Classic British Beer Battered Fish n Chips! This is a fantastic fish and chip recipe! Salt fish and potatoes immediately after removing from oven. Serve hot, with tartar sauce alongside for dipping.