Greek Rice Salad. Just before serving, drizzle the reserved artichoke marinade over salad, toss to blend, then spoon onto a lettuce-lined salad platter. My husband even had to build another room especially for the cookbooks I collected! No matter how many salad recipes I try, this is still at the top of my list.
To make Greek Rice Salad, you will need the following ingredients Ready in just minutes, this Greek Rice Salad is just what you need as a go-to recipe for your busy, middle of the week schedule. Share: Rate this Recipe Place rice into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chives, parsley, garlic, and dill. You can have Greek Rice Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Rice Salad
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked brown rice (can be replaced with farro or orzo).
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 whole lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dill.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 20 of cherry tomatoes quartered.
- Prepare 4 oz of crumbled feta.
- You need 2 of green onions shipped (red onions can be used as substitute for stronger onion flavor).
- Prepare 4 oz of kalamata olives.
Greek Rice Salad. by Bonnie Tandy Leblang and Joanne Lamb Hayes. A delicious accompaniment to grilled meats, or as a light meal with come crusty bread. Brown rice is given a Greek twist with roasted cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, creamy feta and kalamata olives. For our Greek Rice Salad, it was better to treat the rice like pasta, boiling it in plenty of salted water until al dente.
Greek Rice Salad instructions
- In small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper to create dressinf.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix in dressing, and enjoy!.
- Note: this dish is best served at room temperature. To eat the next day, place in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
At that point, we drained the rice in a sieve and then spread it out on a baking sheet to. Loads of flavor from onions, garlic, lemon juice and fresh herbs. Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, olives, oregano, chickpeas and spinach in serving bowl. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and sugar in small bowl. Pour over rice mixture, and toss to combine.