Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. That's the only way I've known bruschetta to be.
When combined slowly drizzle in oil. Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread. Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil, one of my favorite ways to use up all my summer tomatoes is with this simple appetizer or side dish. You can have Tomato and Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- It’s 12 of ripe cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 2 of handfuls of basil.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 of French bread stick.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thick balsamic vinegar to drizzle over top of each bruschetta.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of of extra virgin olive oil or less depending on taste for each bruschetta.
Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil Basil and tomatoes compliment each other beautifully and are usually overflowing in my garden in the late summer months. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pimientos, chopped basil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; stir in cheese. Place a whole basil leaf on each slice of toast bread. Dice tomatoes and place in a bowl, mix in chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside.
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta instructions
- Cut up clove of garlic very finely and add to the bowl ..
- Cut up cherry tomatoes, onion small dices, and Basil..
- Put above ingredients in a bowl together , add a little salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for a few hours..
- Now ENJOY!!!.
- Spoon the bowl of ingredients on to the slices of bread, and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over top..
- Heat a griddle pan, slice up stick bread, drizzle each side with some olive oil, when pan is hot put bread in till toasted on each side..
Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. The toppings can be as humble or as luxurious as you like, from chopped herbs or a squashed tomato with basil, to marinated vegetables or beautiful cheeses, to lovely flaked crabmeat. The only rule is that whatever goes on top of a bruschetta should be nice and fresh and cooked with care. Tomato Bruschetta with Garlic and Basil is a quick and easy appetizer that is oh-so-refreshing and jam-packed with garlicky goodness!.