Greek Rice Salad. Combine cooked rice, chopped artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, and lemon pepper in a large covered bowl. Just before serving, drizzle the reserved artichoke marinade over salad, toss to blend, then spoon onto a lettuce-lined salad platter. Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
If we're heading to a potluck barbecue, chances are that I'm toting along some sort of summer salad, like this easy Greek Rice Salad. You'll love this bright, flavor-packed Greek lemon rice made with onions, garlic, fresh lemon juice and herbs! This is an easy side dish and pairs beautifully with lots of Mediterranean favorites including Souvlaki, Shrimp, and Greek baked cod and many more! You can cook Greek Rice Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Rice Salad
- You need 4 cups of cooked brown rice (can be replaced with farro or orzo).
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 whole lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dill.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 20 of cherry tomatoes quartered.
- You need 4 oz of crumbled feta.
- It’s 2 of green onions shipped (red onions can be used as substitute for stronger onion flavor).
- It’s 4 oz of kalamata olives.
This salad tastes best at room temperature or just slightly chilled. This is a great bowl to both mix the salad in and transport and store it. Our Greek Chicken and Rice salad recipe is bursting with juicy tomatoes, crumbly feta and succulent cucumber and is as easy to prepare as it is to enjoy. Topped with grilled chicken breast and zingy homemade dressing, this is a healthy summer dish that more than delivers on deliciousness.
Greek Rice Salad instructions
- In small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper to create dressinf.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix in dressing, and enjoy!.
- Note: this dish is best served at room temperature. To eat the next day, place in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Drain and rinse under hot water. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, feta, cheese, capers and parsley. Toss along with the rice in a large bowl. Garnish individual servings with feta cheese and diced cucumbers.