Roti – Indian Flatbread.
You can have Roti – Indian Flatbread using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roti – Indian Flatbread
- You need 3 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Roti – Indian Flatbread instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl..
- Add coconut oil.
- Add one cup of water and mix with your hand. The dough should be slightly moist but not sticky. Add splashes of water slowly while mixing until no more dry wheat flour remains in mixing bowl. If the dough sticks to your hands, slowly add more wheat flour. Knead together for a minute..
- Cover mixing bowl with a wet cloth or paper towel and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Divide dough into 12 equally sized balls. Roll one flat while heating a heavy cast iron skillet. Tip: Roll the dough into a long cylinder, use a butter knife to cut into three sections, then cut those in half and repeat to get 12 equal rounds..
- Cook on skillet for 1-2 minutes on both sides..