Basil Pesto Pasta. A spicy chicken and pesto pasta dish that's easy to adjust to any heat level. I created it after eating a similar dish at a Santa Monica restaurant, and it's one of my favorites. Serve with additional grated Parmesan, if desired.
Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. While the machine is running, drizzle in the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan. You can have Basil Pesto Pasta using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto Pasta
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pistachios.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s of About 2 bunches of basil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 12 oz. of any sort of pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe notes: If fresh basil is not readily available for making the homemade pesto, there are a couple of pre-made options that will work well in a pinch. Chicken, shrimp or broccoli can easily be added to the this recipe by cooking them in the same pan in a bit of olive oil prior to cooking the pesto sauce. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Skip the store-bought sauces and whip up a fast and fresh recipe for the best basil pesto perfect for serving with your favorite noodles.
Basil Pesto Pasta step by step
- Using a food processor, blitz the garlic and pistachios together. Then, mix in the cheese..
- After everything has mixed together well, place all the basil and salt in the food processor..
- Squeeze lemon juice into the food processor before blending in basil..
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until pesto becomes smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain water after cooked, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water..
- Place pesto and butter cut into cubes in a large bowl. Add pasta into the bowl and mix and incorporate until the pesto costs the pasta. While mixing, gradually add in 1/4 cup of the salted pasta water to make the pesto smoother..
- Use tongs and toss pasta and continue to add more pasta water if necessary. Continue mixing until pasta is evenly and well coated. Season with salt before serving..
And after recently featuring it in my Instagram Stories, I decided it was about time this ol' post got a makeover. The recipe is still the tried and true classic. Combine basil, oil, pine nuts, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Add a large pinch of salt and process until smooth. It's an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love!