Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce. You'll love the quality taste of Johnsonville Sausages with your next meal. This spicy Italian sausage pasta recipe is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients. It's the perfect weeknight dinner that tastes like it came from a restaurant!
Use either hot or mild Italian sausage here, depending on your preference. I'm very excited to share this Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce recipe. It's a traditional recipe from my husband's family. You can cook Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 jar of tomato sauce.
- It’s to taste of Fresh garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 of 1/2 white onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of 2 spicy italian sausage.
- You need as needed of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need to taste of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Pasta of your choice.
In fact, this recipe was one of the first ones I had with my in-laws at a family dinner party. When I first tried it, I was so impressed by the flavour, texture, and thickness of this sauce. You've seen a simple marinara sauce and a lemony clam sauce, but you have not seen a delicious and simple meat sauce. I'm so excited to share with you an Italian Sausage Tomato Pasta Sauce that does not take all day simmering on the stove (although there's nothing wrong with that!).
Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce step by step
- Boil and cook your pasta (season w salt & olive oil). She’ll pasta my fav, lots of surface area to coat the sauce!!!.
- Heat pan to medium heat, olive oil, garlic and onion to sweat for a minute or two.
- Add the diced sausage (strip away the casing if you don’t like it).
- Pan fry until sausage is cooked – salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in the jar tomato sauce (more basic flavor the better – like a blank canvas – you should add flavors of your liking).
- Cover on and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta and splash a few basil leaves on top! Done! If you love cheese shave some in too.
The recipe starts with the standard sautéing of onions and garlic. How to cook Italian Sausage and Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce Cook pasta in liberally salted water per manufacturer's instructions for al dente preparation then drain well. Meanwhile, brown and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through. I use this sauce to top pasta, polenta, and gnocchi and it can be put together quickly yet tastes delicious. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.