Tomato Rasam Vada.
You can have Tomato Rasam Vada using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Rasam Vada
- Prepare 1/4 cup of urad dal, soaked for 2-3 hours.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need as needed of oil to deep fry.
- Prepare 2-3 of tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of tur dal, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper corns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Tomato Rasam Vada instructions
- Grind the urad dal with very little water into a smooth batter. Add salt and beat well till light and fluffy. Grind the cumin seeds, peppercorns and garlic into a smooth paste. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil. Deep fry them to a golden colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Pressure cook the soaked dal and tomatoes in 3-4 cups water for 4-5 whistles. After it cools down, blend it in a mixi. Strain and keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil and temper with mustard seeds. asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds and then add the ground paste and turmeric powder. Stir fry till the oil separates..
- Add the tomato water and salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add the ghee..
- While serving, dip the vadas in the rasam and serve, garnished with coriander leaves..