Oven Pot Roast. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast. Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. I have made this twice so far as a matter of fact I have a roast made with this recipe in the oven as I type this.
Vegetables cooked with the roast (using either method) make for a simple, but filling meal. Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking. This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that makes a large number of servings (and incredible leftovers) while perfuming the whole house. You can cook Oven Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Pot Roast
- You need 3 of or 4 pound roast.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 potatoes ( any kind is fine).
- Prepare 2 of bags baby carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Meat tenderizer.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of Roaster pan.
Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe even more comforting flavors. Place roast in a large baking pan; arrange potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery around roast.
Oven Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel potatoes, cuts into big chunks the rinse..
- Rinse roast and then place in the roaster pan, rub with meat tenderizer, and sprinkle garlic powder over roast..
- Place potatoes on one side of the roast, rinse carrots and then place on the other side of roaster pan..
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over potatoes, roast and carrots..
- Rinse onion then slice over meat and veggies..
- Place in oven with a secure lid..
- Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Depends on the weight of the roast..
Season roast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. This is the best and easiest recipe for pot roast I have ever tried. It is best to make it a day ahead. Serve with oven roasted vegetables, potatoes, carrots, onions, or your favorite side dish. Cuts of beef that perform well for pot roasting go by many different names: Blade roast, cross-rib roast (or shoulder clod), seven-bone pot roast, arm pot roast, and boneless chuck roast are all acceptable cuts.