Oven Fried Chicken. Sheet pan cooking is the easiest way to get deep, rich flavors without a lot of fuss. This easy oven fried chicken recipe is sheet pan cooking at its finest. Spend just ten minutes pulling together a simple coating, and then pop the sheet in the oven and you're on your way to a delicious dinner.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. You need only a handful of ingredients for Ina Garten's Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; buttermilk keeps the meat extra moist. Chicken breasts are coated with a savory blend of cheese-flavored crackers, French-fried onions, and toasted sesame seeds. You can have Oven Fried Chicken using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Chicken
- It’s 8 of pieces chicken.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon pepper.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
A thin layer of mayonnaise keeps the crust from falling off and keeps the chicken moist and juicy. Looking for recipes for oven-fried chicken? Taste of Home has the best oven-fried chicken recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. I've always loved deep-fried chicken, but we all know it's loaded with fat and calories.
Oven Fried Chicken instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry..
- Mix the flour, salt and lemon pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and place on a baking sheet..
- Cut the butter into 16 small pieces and place two pieces on each piece of chicken..
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°F..
This version skips the frying and is coated with lightly oiled panko, then cooked in a hot oven instead of a pot of vegetable oil. This is the BEST Oven Fried Chicken recipe! It comes crispy right out of the oven, is much lower in fat and made with lean chicken breast. It takes just like KFC but it's baked instead of fried! Includes step by step recipe video.