Kathal Dum Biryani.
You can cook Kathal Dum Biryani using 29 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kathal Dum Biryani
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- You need 2 of green cardamom.
- You need 2 of big cardamoms.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of mace.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 of small Kathal (Jackfruit), cubed & soaked in water.
- You need As needed of oil to deep fry.
- You need 1 cup of yoghurt.
- It’s 1 cup of fried onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger julienne.
- It’s 2 of fresh chilies, slit.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need of juice of half a lemon.
- You need as needed of rose petals (opt).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s as needed of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s As needed of mint leaves, chopped.
- You need of few strands of saffron soaked in 1/4 cup milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of rose water.
- You need as needed of onion rings, lemon wedges and mint leaves to garnish.
- It’s as needed of Raita to serve.
Kathal Dum Biryani step by step
- Bring sufficient quantity of water to boil. Add cinnamon, both the cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf, star anise, mace, 1 tsp. oil and salt to taste. Add in the rice and simmer till half done. Drain and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the jackfruit pieces till light golden. Drain and keep aside..
- Mix yogurt, 1/3 fried onions, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, slit fresh chilies, lemon juice, 1 tbsp. melted ghee garam masala powder, 1/3 coriander leaves, 1/3 mint leaves and ginger juliennes..
- Add the jackfruit pieces and mix well..
- Transfer to the pan in which it is to be cooked. Spread half of the coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onions and 1/2 of the rose petals..
- Spread a layer of the rice, remaining coriander-mint leaves, fried onions, rose petals, ghee, saffron milk and rose water. Cover tightly with an aluminium foil and cook for 2 minutes on high flame and 12-15 minutes on a griddle on a very low flame..
- Garnish with mint leaves, onion rings and lemon wedges. Serve with raita of your choice..