Fall off the bone Roasted chicken (slow cooker or oven roasted). Nice and low and slow, for a good three hours. Great recipe for Fall off the bone Roasted chicken (slow cooker or oven roasted). This is one I created just for a whole chicken and my family.
One of my all time favorite Dutch oven recipes, we're talking succulent, juicy, tender-as-can-be, and bursting with warm flavors. Delectable on its own and in dozens of other recipes. Rub the chicken with the reserved spice mixture, and set into the roasting pan. You can cook Fall off the bone Roasted chicken (slow cooker or oven roasted) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fall off the bone Roasted chicken (slow cooker or oven roasted)
- Prepare 1 of whole Young chicken fryer.
- It’s 1 slice of onion, big chunks.
- It’s 2 cup of baby carrots.
- You need 3 of red potatoes per person, cut in large chunks, all roughly the same size.
- Prepare 1 cup of (optional in slow cooker) low sodium chicken broth, use Swanson Tuscan infused. the chicken will make its own broth but I love the infused flavors of this broth especially in the vegies..
- It’s 1/4 cup of softened butter, mixed with minced Garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice (about 1/4 cup).
- It’s 1 of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 of parika.
- It’s 1 of sea salt.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of softened butter or olive oil to rub chicken.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold water.
Making succulent, fall-off-the-bone chicken requires neither formal cooking experience nor a lot of time in the kitchen. Two methods for such preparation include using a slow cooker or oven cooking bags. The slow cooker simmers the chicken for hours while you just walk away and do your thing. This Fall-Off-The-Bone Roast Chicken is so flavorful,.
Fall off the bone Roasted chicken (slow cooker or oven roasted) step by step
- Wash and dry the chicken, inside and out well.
- Spray the crock pot or roasting pan with non stick spray.
- Once chicken is dry, separate the skin from the breast just enough to get 2 fingers with the butter and garlic mixture between the skin and the meat, place 1/4th of mixture on each breast, pull the skin back down and criss cross together sealing with a toothpick. Tie the legs together. Flip the chicken over and repeat between the rib meat and skin. Now, massage the skin with butter or olive oil. Really massage that bird….all over, don't forget the cavity. Then season the whole chicken, inside and out liberally with paprika, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. I sometimes add dry Italian dressing seasoning and lemon..
- Pour half of the broth on the bottom of the crock pot or roasting pan. Add all your veggies and remaining broth. This adds a lot of liquid so if you put in crock and plan on not browning the chicken, omit the broth, just SEASON WELL. . Place seasoned chicken breast side down on top of vegies. Yes….breast side down! This keeps the breast meat really really tender and so so juicy. For Slow cooker: Cover and cook 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hrs on low, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remember, Not all crock pots cook the same. Mine takes about 4-5hrs on high, 6 hours on low. For Oven/Roasting pan: see note below.
- Optional for gravy. Slow cooker: Remove chicken and vegies to a cookie sheet or roasting pan, broil in a 400°F oven until chicken is browned. If Oven roasted: remove chicken and vegies to serving plate and cover. Then… Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch to 2 tbsp of water, mix well and add to crock pot or roasting pan, scraping the yummy bits on the bottom, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, for gravy. If its to thick slowly add alittle more broth to your desired consistency. My hubs skips this step when I'm working and just uses the yummy broth so I season the bird really REALLY WELL originally.. No matter how you cook it, Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving..
- Note: You can roast in the oven at 375°F covered for 2 hrs instead of using the crock pot. Just baste it every so often and make sure you Cook breast side down, uncover and flip at the 2 1/2 hr mark and roast for 30 minutes uncovered or until breast side is a golden brown. Gives a crispy skin..
If desired, save chicken bones to make chicken broth. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. This Slow Roasted Chicken Wings recipe requires almost no thought or skill.