You can cook Matar Pulao using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matar Pulao
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee / clarified butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds / jeera.
- You need 5 cloves of / lavang.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf / tej patta.
- It’s 1 of star anise / chakr phool.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick / dalchini.
- You need 10 of black pepper / kali mirch.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom / elachi.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small green chilli slit lenthwise.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice soaked 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas / matar fresh / frozen.
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
- You need to taste of salt.
Matar Pulao step by step
- Firstly, in a cooker heat ghee and add cumin seeds..
- Further add cloves, bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper and cardamom. saute till they turn aromatic..
- Furthermore, saute onions till they turn translucent. also saute green chilli and ginger-garlic paste..
- Additionally add green peas and saute well. either add fresh or frozen peas. further add basmati rice soaked for atleast 30 minutes and saute gently..
- Now add 1.5 cups of water. always add 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of basmati rice.
- Additionally add salt to taste and mix well. pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the pressure releases from the cooker, gently fluff. finally, serve peas pulao or mattar pulao with raita or with paneer curries..