Cheesy Or Salty Pretzel Twists.
You can cook Cheesy Or Salty Pretzel Twists using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Or Salty Pretzel Twists
- Prepare of pretzel twists.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of 110 degree F. water.
- It’s 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sea salt or kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 4 quart of boiling water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking soda.
Cheesy Or Salty Pretzel Twists instructions
- In large mixing bowl with hook attachment add flour..
- In another bowl add heated water, yeast and brown sugar. Let sit 5 minutes to activate and become frothy..
- Add yeast water to flour and knead for 5 minutes. You are looking for a soft dough ball to form. You may need to add extra flour, 1 tablespoon at a time to achieve this..
- Once ball forms, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, draft free area for 1 hour..
- On a lightly floured surface turn out dough. Separate into 6 equal portions..
- Take each portion and roll out to a 12" rope..
- Take each rope and twist 4 times..
- In boiling water add your baking soda. Boil each twist for 10 seconds then drain on paper towels..
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a parchment or silicone lined baking tray place your twists..
- Sprinkle each twist with sea salt. Sprinkle cheese on 3 of the twists too..
- Place in oven and bake 15-25 minutes until nicely golden brown..
- Enjoy chewy pretzel goodness!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..
- You can easily change flavors by adding some garlic powder, or perhaps cinnamon sugar. The flavor combinations are yours to explore:-).