Dutch Baby. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
It feels like a party trick, but for the breakfast crowd. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. You can cook Dutch Baby using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dutch Baby
- Prepare tin of Pie.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- You need of ——.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s of As desired. I usually do strawberries or avocado.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. The best Dutch Baby pancake recipe made in a cast-iron skillet. Serve it sweet or savory for breakfast or brunch. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu.
Dutch Baby instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400* F.
- Spray/grease your pie tin.
- Mix everything together – a electric mixer is speedy for this.
- Poor into pie tin.
- Bake 20 to 40 minutes until puffed and edges golden brown (I live in a mountain range at 4200 ft and elevation does change cooking times. This takes me 30 min).
Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake! The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy. Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing. Dutch Baby Pancakes are a super simple, fun, and delicious breakfast that the whole family will love. Similar to German Pancakes (but made in a rounded skillet), these dutch babies are simple and can.