You can cook Dairy-free Quiche using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dairy-free Quiche
- It’s 1 of pre-made pie crust.
- It’s 3/4 pound of crumbled chorizo sausage.
- It’s 8 oz of raw spinach.
- It’s 2 of medium shallots diced.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare of Full fat canned coconut milk.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Dairy-free Quiche instructions
- Allow your pie crust to thaw while you prepare the filling. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees..
- Start by heating a sautée pan over medium heat. Add chorizo (could use any sausage, or bacon as well), cook until beginning to brown and then add diced shallot (could also use 1/2 onion). Once shallot is translucent add spinach and cook down. Set aside to cool. **Filling can include any quiche-type filling you have on hand. Bacon-onion-veggie is a favorite of ours..
- While filling cools slight, prepare the egg portion. In a large bowl combine 4 eggs and about half of the coconut milk can. Avoid using too much liquid or your quiche texture will suffer. The thick coconut milk is best. Whisk the eggs and coconut milk, add salt and pepper..
- Add 3/4 filling mixture to eggs and mix. Add filling to pie crust (it may overflow, so consider a baking sheet for under your pie pan). Add the reserved 1/4 filling to the top..
- Place into oven and cook for 50 minutes. Check the firmness of the center of the quiche to determine if you need additional time. Serve and enjoy..