Yummy moussaka. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Greek Moussaka recipe – A delicious taste of Greece. Greek moussaka (mousaka) is one of the most popular dishes in Greece, served in almost every tavern and prepared in every household on special occasions and big family meals and for good reason!
I ate many while living in Greece, and nearly all were delicious! A classic moussaka is made of ground lamb (lamb mince), but I've found that most restaurants in Greece make theirs out of ground beef (beef mince). I have tried several recipes for Moussaka but this is the best one yet. You can cook Yummy moussaka using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yummy moussaka
- Prepare 3 of eggplants.
- You need 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 200 g of minced meat of your choice.
- Prepare 150 g of smoked cheese.
- You need 100 ml of tomatoe puree.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- You need Half of garlic.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- Prepare 100 ml of oil for frying.
- Prepare of Any spice mix.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of all purpose flour.
I only changed one ingredient, cinnamon and replaced with Ras el Hanout which I think blends in well. This is well worth the extra effort as it makes a huge dish and the result is absolutely delicious. I will not be trying any other recipes now. Are you looking for a baking recipe?
Yummy moussaka instructions
- Wash the eggplants and slice them thin, salt them well and put them aside until the rest of the ingredients are ready. Juices will come out, and we will rinse them once with water. Then we fry them in a pan in oil until grilled..
- Lets prepare a bolognese type of sauce. Saute the squared onions and garlic on 3 tbsp of oil, add the thinly sliced carrots, and the spice mix. Once the onion is translucent, add the minced meat, mix well. When the meat has fried a bit, add the tomatoe sauce and stir well. Now cover it and cook it until ready.
- Make the beshamell sauce: melt the butter in a pan, add the flour, add some salt and nutmeg if you have, add the milk, keep stirring constantly until thick, then put aside..
- Create the layers in the casserole dish: meat then eggplant, layers of cheese in between, repeat until you run out of meat and eggplant and cover it with the beshamell sauce.
- On top of beshamell sauce, add the breadcrumbs and the olive oil. Bake in the oven approximately 15- 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs is golden.yummy..
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and brown the ground beef and sausage until no pink remains. This low carb moussaka recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious, thanks to the added spices and creamy cheesy sauce. The net carbs are so low you can call this a keto moussaka. There are many countries that have their own variation of moussaka recipes. The wonderful Akis Petretzikis has a fantastic moussaka recipe using baked vegetables instead of fried to make it that little bit lighter.