My Simple Pesto Recipe. Easy Homemade Pesto – No need for store-bought pesto anymore. It had a nice nutty flavor because of the toasted almonds. It's also nice if you don't have much basil on hand because it uses half as much as the other recipes.
It's So Easy to Make This Quick & Easy Pesto Recipe… The other key ingredients in my easy pesto recipe, besides the green stuff, are extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts, garlic or garlic oil if you're following a low FODMAP diet plan , Parmesan cheese easily omitted for a vegan version, plus salt and pepper. Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of sea salt. Pick, roughly chop and add the basil leaves, then bash to a paste (or pulse in a food processor). You can cook My Simple Pesto Recipe using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Simple Pesto Recipe
- Prepare 3 cups of packed Fresh Basil, leaf and stems (8 ounces by weight ) approximately 3 cups packed.
- Prepare 15 ounces of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of Parmesan cheese, fresh grated (not processed).
- It’s 3 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kosher salt or Sea salt (Do not use table salt/ Iodized salt for cooking or for consumption).
- Prepare of Equipment Needed:.
- Prepare 1 of dry cup measure.
- You need 1 cup of liquid measure.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of measure.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of measure.
- It’s 1 of Collander/Strainer.
- It’s of Optional: small scale (for weighing basil).
- Prepare of Food processor or blender.
Combine basil leaves, pine nuts or walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until very finely minced. During a season of hot weather, I make a huge batch of this in the morning and it lasted for days, and still tastes wonderful." During a season of hot weather, I make a huge batch of this in the morning and it lasted for days, and still tastes wonderful." Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. It's easy to love the power-packed flavor of fresh Pesto, but did you know Homemade Pesto is SO easy to make?? You'll never go back to store bought pesto again after making this Easy Basil Pesto Recipe!
My Simple Pesto Recipe instructions
- Wash Basil in sink and drain with Collander/ Strainer.
- Place in food processor (or blender) in order; garlic cloves, basil, parmesan cheese, 1/2 the olive oil, then pulse.
- Slowly add rest of olive oil while pulsing.
- Keep pulsing until wet sand consistency, should be uniform in size and texture..
- Taste, add 1/2 tsp of kosher salt if needed, never use table salt as it should never be used for cooking, or consumption in my opinion..
- Store in refrigerator (will last at least 1 week – can be frozen if making larger batches)..
- Put away food and wash equipment and let dry.
- Mix or add to favorite foods for fun twists (Great on; pasta, pizza, in sauces, hummus, salad dressing, dips, mayonnaise, potato salad, gnocchi).
- Note: I have used both a food processor and a good blender (Ninja) both worked for me. It is important to put the cheese on top of the basil to help hold down the basil for a smoother and consistent texture through out..
After my trip to Rome Italy, I developed a bit of a pesto addiction. There's just something so inviting about this dreamy sauce! This recipe makes quite a runny pesto. It poured freely from the blender. If you like something a little thicker that you can spread, half the quantity of oil to start with, and then add a little to the blender – bit by bit – to get to the consistency you like.