Sue's Low-carb Over-stuffed Peppers.
You can cook Sue's Low-carb Over-stuffed Peppers using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sue's Low-carb Over-stuffed Peppers
- You need 4 of medium bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed.
- It’s 1 T of EVOO or butter.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- You need 1-1/2 c of raw riced cauliflower.
- You need 14.5 oz of can diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 T of dried basil.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 c of cheddar or Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 3 c of Marinara sauce (5 net carbs per half cup).
Sue's Low-carb Over-stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Parboil peppers until just softened. Drain and set aside..
- In small skillet, heat oil or butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender..
- In large bowl, combine onion mixture, hamburger, cauliflower, tomatoes, egg, basil, oregano and 1/2 c cheese..
- In baking dish, pour half of the Marinara sauce. Place peppers in dish and stuff with meat mixture. Spoon remaining sauce on top of peppers. Cover dish with foil and bake until temp. of meat mixture reaches 155°F, about one hour..
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of peppers. Bake until cheese is melted..