Chicken Biriani. Chicken Biryani is one of the more complicated rice dishes in Indian/pakistani cooking. Being quite an amateur cook I still managed to cook up a feast with this single dish and my hubby is still licking his fingers! I am never looking for another biryani recipe after this.
Since then it has been much popular and is considered to be a luxurious treat to enjoy on special occasions. Making a chicken biryani in authentic dum style does take some time and needs little expertise. Biryani is a celebration of all that is great about Indian food – the heady aromas, the vibrant colours, the fluffy rice and those addictive curry flavours. You can cook Chicken Biriani using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Biriani
- It’s 1 cup of boiled basmati rice.
- Prepare of salt as required.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of seasame oil.
- It’s of water as required.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Prepare 600 gm of chicken.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- You need 1 cup of hung curd.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamom.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
Make this Chicken Biryani with your protein of choice – or try a vegetable biryani! One of the most requested recipes is finally here! Chicken Biryani is a delicious savory rice dish that is loaded with spicy marinated chicken, caramelized onions, and flavorful saffron rice. For my Biryani, I simplify the order of operations, while retaining the traditional layered approach to assembling it.
Chicken Biriani instructions
- Saute onions and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat refined oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot enough. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute. Boil eggs and saute it too..
- Now, add chicken into it with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, and 2 green chilli paste. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add hung curd into it.
- Turn the flame to medium again and add garam masala in it along with ginger, coriander. Cook till the chicken is tender..
- Then add 1 cup cooked rice and spread evenly. Cook for 15-20 minutes with closed lid. Serve hot..
Chicken Biryani – a highly aromatic and well-seasoned one-pot dish originally from India that has a perfect balance of chicken meat, rice and veggies that's going to excite and linger on your taste buds. A simpler version that is way too good that it'll appear regularly in your weekly menu! Chicken and rice is a […] The chicken biryani masala used in this making this mouth-watering biryani recipe is juicy and tender, and has a flavour that you will relish for sure. For preparing this amazing and mouth-watering biryani recipe, chicken is marinated in yoghurt and a melange of spices and then cooked using slow-cooking method. Chicken Biryani is a bold and flavorful Indian dish with crazy tender bites of chicken with bell peppers in a deliciously spiced and fragrant rice.