Masoor Dal Shorba.
You can cook Masoor Dal Shorba using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal Shorba
- It’s 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentils), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oats.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1" of ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves to garnish.
Masoor Dal Shorba step by step
- Heat oil and temper with bay leaves, cinnamon, onion, ginger, green chilli and garlic. Saute till the onions are translucent..
- Add the tomatoes and all the dry spices. Stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Now add the masoor dal and oats. Saute for 2 minutes more..
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles..
- When cool, discard the bay leaves and blend into a puree. Heat through and serve, garnished with coriander leaves..