OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Before prepping the oven roasted chicken, preheat your oven and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. You don't want the top of your bird burning!
Rinse and pat the chicken dry. Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Place two orange pieces inside the cavity along with the garlic halves. You can cook OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN
- Prepare 6 of Chicken leg Quarters.
- It’s 8 of Fresh Orange Slices & LIME Slices.
- Prepare 1 of Tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Tablespoons of CRACKED BLACK PEPPER.
- Prepare 1 cup of CILANTRO.
- You need 4 of Tablespoons of SEASONING SALT.
- Prepare 2 cup of Of WATER.
- Prepare 1 cup of MINCED ONION.
- You need 1 stick of of MARGARINE.
Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a small roasting pan. To check, carefully remove skillet from oven (the handle is hot!), poke a knife into leg joints. Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside.
OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN step by step
- Rinse Chicken Well & Lay in LARGE Roasting Pan.
- Pour in Your 2 Cups of Water & MARGARINE.
- Place ORANGE SLICES & LIME SLICES in top of Chicken.
- Add All Your SEASONINGS All over Chicken ..
- COOK IN OVEN AT 375°F FOR AN HOUR ..The Last 10 Minutes UNCOVERED..
Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the chicken. Place the six lemon halves (if they'll fit!) and the three remaining rosemary leaves into the cavity of the bird. Skin should be deep golden brown and juices should be sizzling. This baked lemon chicken is coated in a butter and herb sauce, then roasted to perfection.