Oven Braised Pot Roast. Make this meal on a Sunday and you'll have three dinners taken care of! The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Monday, and Pot Roast Tacos With Chimichurri on Tuesday. Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions to the pan. Winter is all about weekend comfort foods that make the house smell great as they're cooking away. This Best Ever Dutch Oven Braised Pot Roast Dinner with Potatoes & Carrots is a family favorite that doesn't disappoint on flavor OR aroma!. You can have Oven Braised Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- It’s 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- You need 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
There is nothing quite like bringing the family around the SundaySupper dinner table with something comforting and delicious. Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Heat a large dutch oven on the stove top to medium heat. Sear roast for a couple minutes on each side, until a nice brown crust forms.
Oven Braised Pot Roast step by step
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
This easy braised oven pot roast is perfectly flavored with red wine, garlic, and thyme. This all-in-one meal includes potatoes and optional mushrooms. It makes a great family dinner for any night of the week. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Slice the pot roast and arrange on platter.