fried pickles. Today we're making homemade fried pickles! These are crisp breaded dill pickle slices made with no deep fryer required. I've also included a simple zesty dipping sauce in the recipe!
Dill pickle slices are coated with panko bread crumbs and spices, then air-fried until crispy. Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Working in batches, place in a single layer in air fryer basket. You can have fried pickles using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of fried pickles
- It’s 1 box of onion ring mix.
- Prepare 1 can of pickles.
- You need 1 can of italian style bread crumbs.
Fried pickles are a menu staple in the South. These salty, crispy, tangy pickles are just as delicious as french fries, but pack a bigger flavor punch. But who wants to relegate something so tasty to dining. This is one of my favorite appetizers!
fried pickles instructions
- put 1 cup onion ring mix in a bowl add 3/4 cup Water and mix it together..
- dip pickles in batter..
- then cover the pickles in bread crumbs..
- carefully put the pickles in the deep fryer. watch closely, it will only take 30 to 40 seconds, tops, before they turn brown, at that point they are done..
I love to dip mine in some ranch (or ketchup sometimes). And fried pickles are a classic southern treat! Fried pickles- love'em, hate'em or meh???? From my polling, it seems most people are "meh". Whoopty doo, what's the big deal.