Fish Head Pulao.
You can have Fish Head Pulao using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Head Pulao
- It’s 1 of fish head, cut into half.
- You need 1 cup of rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 of medium potato, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1-2 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
Fish Head Pulao step by step
- Marinate the fish head with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 5-10 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together ginger-garlic paste and all the dry spices with some water. keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes and the fish head separately till golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with bay leaves, red chilies, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Add onion and fry till golden brown..
- Add the spice paste and saute till the oil separates..
- Add the drained rice and fry for 2 minutes..
- Arrange the fried potatoes and the fish head. Pour 1 & 3/4 cups water and ghee. Pressure cook for 2 whistles..
- When done, fluff it up with a fork and serve, garnished with coriander leaves..
- Note – You may crush the fish head as you cook, but I preferred to keep it whole..