Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Place beer canned chicken in a shallow baking dish and apply wet rub. Wedge half of the lemon or lime into the chickens neck.
Now I make Beer Butt Chicken in the oven. I also Put in some Potatoes (huge bakers) at the same time (Not in the roasting pan – on the oven rack). Rinse chickens and pat dry inside and out with paper towels. You can have Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken
- Prepare 1 of 3-4 lb whole chicken.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley and paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon or lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of can of your favorite beer or soda.
- It’s 1 of whole lemon or lime.
Mix paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle chickens with about half the seasoning mix. Wash and remove giblets and the neck (if applicable), from chicken. Pat dry inside and out with paper towels. Rub chicken with half of the garlic, half of the lemon, and olive oil.
Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken instructions
- Mix all ingredients except for the whole lemon/lime and chicken in small bowl. Taste first to see if it needs more salt or lemon/lime juice..
- Rinse chicken off in water and pat dry with paper towel..
- Open and drink half a can of your favorite beer or pop (root beer or coke works amazing too). Place chicken on can..
- Place beer canned chicken in a shallow baking dish and apply wet rub. Wedge half of the lemon or lime into the chickens neck. This will keep the chicken super moist while it bakes. Let marinade for 1 hour if possible..
- Put chicken in oven on middle rack and bake for 2 to 3 hours depending on size at 375°F. I use a cooking thermometer and bake chicken until reaches a temperature of 180°F. If the skin starts to brown too quickly. Place a piece of tin foil loosely over the top.
Place lime wedges inside the cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken breast-side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. See great recipes for Lemon/Lime garnish! (Easy), Lemon Lime Pound Cake too!