Eggplant oven "fries". We've employed a similar breading on vegetable fries in the past (avocado fries are a favorite), but here we're using a faster method for getting the breadcrumb coating on the fries. Combining the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a resealable bag and then using the bag to "shake" the eggplant fries in the coating gets the eggplant covered faster. These oven-fried eggplant sticks were inspired by the deep-fried versions served at Galatoire's restaurant in New Orleans.
That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Insert a wire rack into a large baking sheet. Whisk together the flour, salt and. You can cook Eggplant oven "fries" using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant oven "fries"
- You need of eggplant.
- Prepare 2 large of eggplant.
- It’s of seasonings.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of powedered dry mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare of coating.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
Turn french fries into a healthy appetizer with these Crispy Oven Baked Eggplant Fries! They're baked in the oven until crispy on the outside and tender inside. Serve with a trio of sauces at your next party! Crispy Eggplant Fries Baked in the Oven.
Eggplant oven "fries" step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Peel the eggplants, I used aubergine. Slice like french fries..
- Coat each piece with oil. Season and put on a baking sheet. Bake 25 – 30 minutes..
There's something about french fries that are SO fun! Spray the eggplant fries with a little olive oil cooking spray. Make the Greek Tzatziki Sauce according to this recipe. Serve the eggplant fries hot or warm with the Tzatziki sauce or a side of marinara. After the recent extraordinary success of the crispy baked portobello mushroom fries I was thinking about what other vegetables could be turned into fries and with the abundance of cheap eggplant these days, it seemed like the perfect candidate to try next!