Taco Style Patty Melt. Patty Melts A beautiful, classic cross between a grilled cheese and a burger. The build order is: Texas Toast, cheese, burger patty, cheese, burger patty, creamy pepper spread, grilled onions and Texas Toast. Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal.
Messing around in the kitchen with leftovers. the mayo used in place of butter gives a delicious bite to this sandwich. Been wanting to try this turned out great! Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. You can have Taco Style Patty Melt using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco Style Patty Melt
- You need of Leftover taco meat.
- You need of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Bread of choice.
Messing around in the kitchen with leftovers. the mayo used in place of butter gives a delicious bite to this sandwich. Shape beef into two oval patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper. I was going for big and bold! Ha.) Here's the old step-by-step recipe and a link to the printable recipe if you need!
Taco Style Patty Melt step by step
- Smear light cover of mayo on bread.
- Place mayo side down on griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle cheese to your liking on bread, then follow with taco meat.
- Top with other slice of bread, mayo side up. Cook until browned on both sides. Enjoy!.
Enjoy the video, and enjoy the patty melt! Ground beef patty, cooked onions, cheese all on toasted sourdough bread. The classic way to make a patty melt is with a grilled hamburger patty, grilled onions and Swiss cheese on rye bread. When I make a patty melt I like to add thousand island dressing or burger sauce to the sandwich before grilling. I also like using multiple cheeses for more flavor.